Outdoorsman, scientist, writer, eco-spiritualist.
During my corporate years I worked in the banking industry and as a consultant designing computer information systems.
After that I immersed myself in martial arts and seeking the spiritual meaning of “Who am I ?”, exploring many religions in the process.
My wife and I created a certified organic medicinal herb farm on Whidbey Island. We produced and sold herbal products for ten years.
Other dimensions in my life:
- Photography, hiking, camping, fishing.
- Birding with emphasis on raptors.
- Taught home school kids (ages 8 – 18) math and computer science.
- Assisted the ‘Falcon Research Group’ with projects concerning hawks, falcons, and eagles.
- Field representative for the ‘Grizzly Bear Outreach Project’.
- Custom knife maker.
- Trained as a wilderness search and rescue dog team with my dog Carl.
- Volunteer EMT.
- Rode my mustang ‘Silver’ and appaloosa horse ‘Laurel’ throughout the North Cascade wilderness.
Today I live on Whidbey Island, previously in north central Washington. My happiest moments are when I am in the outdoors.
I have come to realize that creating a spiritual connection with nature through direct personal experience is a path to self awareness and understanding the world at a fundamental level.
This awareness can happen in a moment. When you have that experience you will truly “Be Amazed…”